Friday, November 26, 2010

Milwaukee's newest artist collaborative studio space

This past Saturday I spent my evening with Sean Bodley at Studio 420b, Milwaukee's newest artist collaborative studio space. In addition to Sean, artists Lindsay Marx, Fred Kames, Mark David Gray, and Asher Gray call Studio 420b their creative space.



The idea of a collaborative studio space has always intrigued me, but I never pictured such a large collaborative space. Immediately, I asked Sean how he felt about sharing a studio with a bunch of other artists. He answered, "The main reason I enjoy it is because I always have someone around to give feedback and critique my work. Its nice having that after graduation."

Sean Bodley's studio space
Among the plethora of paintings, I still managed to find the few photographs that call Studio 420b home.


Located just south of the 3rd Ward, in the 5th Ward, Studio 420b is a great place to stop during Gallery Night and Day. Having the chance to check out an artist's studio is a real treat, especially when they display in progress work. Being inside a space of pure creativity makes me feel energized, excited and inspired to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment