Monday, November 8, 2010

From time to time...

 Lately, my dad has been telling me that I should take photographs of beautiful things because people actually purchase those types of photographs. Every time he tells me this, I cringe. Why would I want to photograph objects and moments that represent beauty in the most traditional sense? Is this the role of a successful modern day photographer? Why can't I take photographs of things people don't normally associate with beauty and make it beautiful! Wouldn't that be more of a challenge than photographing existing beauty? 

 
 Despite these feelings, I still feel compelled to photograph something beautiful from time to time. Sure, I bet another passerby has already snapped this exact photograph, but as a photographer there are just some opportunities you cannot pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment