Sunday, March 21, 2010

Silly Portraits

I've been really busy this past week! Besides lots of work stuff, I was trying to catch up with the things that have been on my to do list for a while. It's funny how my master to do list grows longer by the hour, ugh.

Anyways, last week I had another very successful day of programming at the Daniels-Mardak Boys & Girls Club. We did silly dress up portraits. As I look back on all the programs I have developed, this one stands out as one of the most successful. Watching each child's inner character shine through was a very beautiful and rewarding experience. I believe that this program has given them the chance to momentarily flee their realities and change back into free-spirited children.

Unfortunately, I am not able to post any of the amazing portraits of them, but I did let them dress me up. Wig and all...

No comments:

Post a Comment