Friday, October 15, 2010

My guide to Gallery Night - October 2010

Since I missed the summer Gallery Night, I am more than excited to embark on an evening of art adventures throughout Milwaukee. 

Work by Clemens Weiss
First, I will be stopping at RedLine Milwaukee to view the work of Clemens Weiss. New York City based, German born artist/philosopher Clemens Weiss exhibits extensively through Europe and the United States. His work moves from writing to drawing to sculpture, pushing viewers from merely seeing to real thinking. This Exhibition begins Clemens' two-month visiting residency at RedLine.

Studio 420b is next on the agenda. Here, a friend of mine, Sean Bodley, will be displaying new paintings along side drawings and paintings by Mark David Gray, Steve Luban, and Lindsay Marx. Urban art by Fred Kames and Kari Borchert.
Work by Harvey Opgenorth
My last stop before heading to the Milwaukee Art Museum for MAM After Dark will be at Inova, the Institute for Visual Arts at the UWM Peck School of Visual Arts. Artists Peter Barrickman and Harvey Opgenorth (Established) and Kimberly Miller and John Riepenhoff (Emerging) report in a year after being selected as 2009 Nohl Fellows as part of the Greater Milwaukee Foundation's Mary L. Nohl Fellowships for Individual Artists program. The exhibition brings together new work in a range of media by four of Greater Milwaukee's most talented established and emerging artists.

As my final stop of the evening, I will make my way to the Milwaukee Art Museum for MAM After Dark: RunUp to the Runway. Two fellow UWM Peck School of the Arts Alum's, Shannon Molter and Miranda Levy, will be showcasing their individual couture designs for their third RunUp event together. I am excited to see what they have been working on for the past few months because they never cease to amaze me. Recently, I saw a sneak peek of what Miranda is working on and I must admit that I was quite impressed at how much she has grown as a designer since her first RunUp event. Good luck ladies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment