Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Trust your eyes and instinct" - Herb and Dorothy

Yesterday, I watched Herb and Dorothy, a cute documentary about an ordinary, middle class couple who built one of the most extraordinary contemporary art collections.


Throughout the film, Herb and Dorothy really stress the importance of establishing and maintaining relationships with the artists from whom they buy. I really admire their humble approach and decided it might be time to start my own art collection of friend's work. Start small, but dream big, right? 

Coincidentally, I recently discussed starting a traveling art show of friend's work with a fellow artist. Aside from the obvious annoyances of packaging and mailing artwork, it has potential! As a way to keep the collection growing, each artist would be asked to contribute a new piece before sending it to the next person. Just another idea to add to the "must do" list.. as if I have room to add more.

No comments:

Post a Comment