Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Accidents

Since May, I have been photographing with my Mamiya and Holga camera's quite regularly. Returning to the mode of shooting all the time was difficult, but for me, it is the only way to produce work that taps into my subconscious. All bodies of work have to start somewhere and a professor of mine, Gina Rymarcsuk, taught me that some of your best work comes from photographing in a way that you don't usually shoot. The following photograph was taken with a Holga and I am fairly certain the back popped off the camera while I was shooting. A few years ago I would not have been happy with the results of the light leak, but another professor of mine, Naomi Shersty, planted the idea in my head that at times, it is more interesting to see the imperfections of a photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment